On Thursday, August 7, 2014, a bicyclist was traveling near Miller Park Way and West Burnham Street when he was hit by a car. The accident happened around 1:00 PM. According to witnesses, the bicyclist had trouble getting up after the crash and was taken away from the scene by ambulance. Authorities are investigating the accident.
The Wisconsin bicycle accident attorneys of Samster, Konkel & Safran encourage drivers to avoid bicycle collisions. Here are some safety tips for preventing bicycle accidents:
- Maintain proper lookout for bicycles
- Slow down
- Do not engage in distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Give bicyclists plenty of room
- Stay out of lanes marked for bicyclists
- Respect the bicyclist’s right-of-way and right to be on the road
We have helped many people who have been injured in vehicle collisions recover for their injuries, pain and suffering, and lost wages. If you or someone you know has been injured in a motor vehicle or bicycle accident, contact us for a free online case evaluation.