Milwaukee Boating Accident Attorneys
Helping You Seek Compensation for Your Boating Accident Injuries
Hundreds of people are injured in serious boating, personal watercraft, and jet ski accidents every year. Our Milwaukee personal injury attorneys at Samster Konkel & Safran have helped many Wisconsin boating accident victims claim the just compensation they deserve.
Boating accidents usually occur due to the following factors: (1) operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs; (2) adverse weather conditions like strong winds and heavy rains; and (3) inexperienced boaters. Injuries can also occur from the use of defective or dangerous water skis, wave runners or other equipment. We understand the factors that cause water accidents, and we know how to win boating accident cases.
- There are several steps that boaters can take to stay safe on the water, such as:
- Always have life vests on board – Regardless of your swimming abilities, you should always wear a life jacket when boating. Make sure there are enough life jackets on the boat for everyone on board.
- Never drink and drive – If you are the driver of the boat, never drink and drive. Drinking and driving is illegal both in a car and on a boat. If you are drinking while driving a boat, you could endanger your life and the lives of your passengers.
- Use an air horn – Steering streams and rivers can sometimes be a difficult task. You should use an air horn to signal other boats about your presence and to warn other boaters of a possible boating collision.
- Obey boating rules – Certain boating rules, like “no wake”, protect the public. Additionally, you should use channel markers and keep the port (left) side of your vessel to the port side of oncoming boats.
We Can Help
If you, or your loved one, have been injured in a boating accident, contact us for a free case evaluation, or complete our online Free Case Evaluation Form. Our attorneys have protected the rights of Milwaukee’s injured for over 40 years and will work hard to win fair and just compensation for our client’s injuries, lost wages and pain and suffering, as well as for the damage to the boat. Don’t be afraid to go back in the water, and don’t settle for less than Samster Konkel & Safran, Milwaukee personal injury attorneys.
Contact us at (414) 455-1639 now to learn what legal options you have available to you. Don’t let time run out! Free consultation available.