On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, a fishing boat crashed into the break wall at the Sheboygan Marina. After striking the north pier, the boat ended up beached on the rocks next to the pier. Responding to the accident were the Sheboygan County Water Safety Patrol, the United States Coast Guard, the Sheboygan Fire Department and the Sheboygan Police Department. According to the authorities, the boat was travelling about 19 knots, or 22 miles per hour, at the time of the collision. The boat operator and two passengers sustained minor injuries as a result of the crash. Authorities continue to investigate the accident.
The Wisconsin boat accident lawyers of Samster, Konkel & Safran want you to remain safe while boating. Here are a few safety tips:
- Always wear a lifejacket;
- Make sure the boat has safety equipment such as flares, fire extinguishers, maps and a first aid kit;
- Keep a close watch on the weather, especially if storms are in the forecast;
- Follow all boat traffic rules, such as no wake speed limits; and
- Do not overload the boat.
We have extensive experience representing persons injured in boating accidents, helping them recover for personal injuries, pain and suffering, property damage and lost wages. If you or someone you know has been injured in a boat accident, contact us for a free online case evaluation.